Sunday, April 10, 2011

Harmful Effects on Electronic Devices

Technology... Who doesn't love it? It is what's related to our electronic devices like cellphones, computer and laptops. Almost everyone owns some form of electronic device or is surrounded by it day by day. Many of us treat our cellphones like they are our babies. Most of us can't live without our cellphones. I agree with this because I love my cellphone and I don't go anywhere without it. Electronic devices and like most pieces of technology are just plain forms of entertainment for us. But is that the only thing we get out of them? Most electronic devices are educational and helpful. Now studies are showing that cellphone radiation may alter your brain. Dr. Nora Volkow lead investigator of the study and director of the National Institute of Drug Abuse at the National Institutes of Health said that she advises users to use cellphones at a distance because the intensity of radiation diminishes sharply with distance.




You like music? What about listening to it loud.. especially with headphones on? I know I do. This also can be very harmful to your ears. Loud noise whether it is music or machinery can cause damage to ones ears. Many people get tinnitus which causes frequent ringing in your ears because of loud noises as stated on kidshealth.org It also states here that loud noises can causes temporary or permanent hearing loss. 




I'm constantly on my cellphone as well as listening to loud music. Technology like electric devices have become main focuses throughout our daily lifestyles. I believe that we all should still take precaution about this though because there has been shown problems that are a cause of modern day technology that is used very often. Some ways is by keeping our phone away from us when we don't need to be using it or while on the phone use blue tooth or keep it on speaker. As for loud noises we should give our ears a break from loud noises like listening to music through headphones or watching TV with the volume to high.

3 comments:

  1. This is so true. I know I'm addicted to my cell phone. When I walk down the streets all I see is the top of peoples heads because they are busy focusing on their electronic device as a form of entertainment. Technology truly is taking over and it may be advancing society but it is causing a hold back on people who use it excessively because it may ultimately cause health problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you but even if people read this it won't make a difference. People will maybe try to change for a while but forget and go to their old habits it sad that technology has such great control over us. After time many people will be harmed cause of it people should really try to make a change

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree too. Personally I'm not that into my cellphone, but I do see many others who don't really care about their health. On the bus there is usually someone who has headphones but puts the music on so high that I can hear from the back or front of the bus (depending on where I am and where the person is). I also see more of people's heads than their faces these days. I can't help but feel that technology can destroy us as a society if we don't control ourselves.

    ReplyDelete